VMware {code} Community
fdo_ng7
Contributor
Contributor

Assistance with VAPP Properties for OVF

I am implementing OVF Properties for a network appliance and need some guidance. I’ve used William Lam blog to build the OVF with all the deployment options I need. Here is the link https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2013/12/deploy-truly-dynamic-ovf-using.html

1) The network adapters: Say we have the 3 sizes as in the example: Small-1 nic, Medium-2 Nics, and Large - 4Nics. Regardless to which size you pick in the Select network screen It will show all 4 destination portgroups, but depending on the size you can ignore the rest. Is there any updated OVF Property that handles this in a better way. This could be confusing end user. The blog was last updated in 2013 and do OVF reference doc was from 2012.

2) OVF Properties for the network adapters: On the next screen I have vapp properties or ovf properties for each network adapters. At the moment I had to populate the fields for all 4 interfaces and based on size script will ignore missing interfaces. Again is it possible to hide or show vapp property fields based on conditions or deployment options?? Say i choose small, only ask for ip info for 1 interface, etc??? I just need to know if any of this is possible.. Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies