VMware Communities
DingoTaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

workstation 11 view library

when i click the view library option now in workstation 11 it goes full screen and there are no stars next my favourites anymore, although if I right click on one it says unmark as favourite. Can't figure out how to get it back to being just a left side panel again. any ideas?

thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DingoTaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for your total lack of support vmware. I have found the preferences.ini file and edited it removing all traces of anything that looked like window positions and now the windows are back to normal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DingoTaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for your total lack of support vmware. I have found the preferences.ini file and edited it removing all traces of anything that looked like window positions and now the windows are back to normal.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This forum is not an official VMware support forum, this is a user-community that are sometimes monitored by vmware employees on their own time to help out fellow users.

To get official support you should contact VMware GSS.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
DingoTaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Perhaps not, but I should not have to pay $50 per bug in VMWare. Something that I experienced should not have been possible. Aside from which, me paying to have a mistake fixed in your software or implementing a workaround due to a mistake in your software is in violation of Australian consumer protection laws. I don't mind paying the money should it be refunded if a bug is confirmed to be the issue - this is a tactic Microsoft used to employ to stay legal (i don't know what they do now).

Now I am not having a go at you personally but at the total lack of regard for customers I have experienced from VMware. Microsoft, Cisco, VanDyke and many other companies all monitor their forums and social media pages and assist in a very professional helpful manner when issues like this arise. VMware is very much the odd man out and seems to be the missing the mark here and needs to pull their socks up. VMware paying people to actually contribute towards customer support would be a great start.

I have been using your products since the day you came on the market and have recommended them to so many people. I can longer do this under the current circumstances. You can deal with this feedback as you like, but it needs to get to management at VMware. There are other frustrated customers out there and you will end up losing a lot of business if you do not become more customer focused. That is a simple rule of business.

Having said all that, I am happy my VMware is finally working again with this and all the other issues I have had.

0 Kudos