VMware Communities
TommyFreddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

windows 8.1 pro x64 no network for vm workstation 9

Hello,

After the update to windows 8.1 pro i don't have any network anymore in my vm.

i tried NAt , bridge,.. bur no result.

i turned down the firewall but also no affect.

does annyone know who to deal with this isuue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scillonian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi

During the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 the VMware Bridge Protocol driver is removed from the host's network adapter(s).

An uninstall and reinstall of Workstation should fix this but If you are happy to change network adapter settings the following may help:

• From the desktop version of 'Control Panel' open 'Network and Sharing Centre'.
  • At the top left click 'Change adapter settings'.
  • Right click on the adapter you use with Workstation and click 'Properties'.
  • On the 'Networking' tab click 'Install...'.
  • Select 'Protocol' then click 'Add...'.
  • Select 'VMware Bridge Protocol' then click 'OK'.
  • When the entry for 'VMware Bridge Protocol' appears on the 'Networking' tab ensure that it is checked.
  • Click 'OK' to exit the properties dialog.

Bridge networking for guests should now be working.

0 Kudos
howlingmad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hhm, TommyFreddy is using Workstation 9. Please tell me that Windows 8.1 is not supported with Workstation 9 because I have just upgraded to Workstation 10 for Windows 8.1 support... 😉

Scillonian wrote:

During the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 the VMware Bridge Protocol driver is removed

[...]

0 Kudos
OscarDavey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello,

Have your Windows 8.1 is activated?

As I know, after upgrade from 8 to 8.1, some network protocols disabled on Windows 8.1.

Hope helped you.

Yours, Oscar

0 Kudos
Scillonian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

howlingmad wrote:

Hhm, TommyFreddy is using Workstation 9. Please tell me that Windows 8.1 is not supported with Workstation 9 because I have just upgraded to Workstation 10 for Windows 8.1 support... 😉

Well with Windows 8.1 as the host Workstation 9 seems to work fine. As a guest in Workstation 9 I don't know.

0 Kudos