VMware Communities
edavis6678
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

window 1803 broke microphone?

Was running vMworkstation 12, everything was fine. Updated my HOST to window 1803 and now the microphone is not being heard through to guest.  (works fine on host)

I broke down and upgraded to VMworkstation 14, still no change...considering opening up a new support ticket, but figured to post here for suggestions.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edavis6678
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok.  False alarm.  Not sure what fixed it, but did a couple things at once.

Originally when it didn't work I went to the sound card properties of the Vm and specified the headset/microphone I was using; didn't work.  Then I reinstalled the audio driver on host...dind't fix it...it was only when i went back to the sound card settigns in guest and flipped it to "use default host sound card" (as it was before), then it started to work,   So the net solution might be to just reinstall your sound card drivers...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
edavis6678
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok.  False alarm.  Not sure what fixed it, but did a couple things at once.

Originally when it didn't work I went to the sound card properties of the Vm and specified the headset/microphone I was using; didn't work.  Then I reinstalled the audio driver on host...dind't fix it...it was only when i went back to the sound card settigns in guest and flipped it to "use default host sound card" (as it was before), then it started to work,   So the net solution might be to just reinstall your sound card drivers...

0 Kudos