VMware Communities
RobertEM
Contributor
Contributor

which linux distro for workstation 10.0.5 ?

Is there linux distro available for hosting workstation 10.0.5 which supports all vmware features out-of-the-box?

I did try mint 17.1 cinnamon and it did not have full screen support (win 7 guest minimized instead of going full screen). Workstation also complained about 3d and hardware acceleration being not available and suggested install of opengl drivers. That was so far. I have fixed first issue by installing some library found via google search, but installing opengl is described on three pages as a lengthy, complicated and not result guaranteed process. Do I really have to go through all this? And I did just begin, what more problems await me later?

If there is a distro ready for vmware, let me know, please.

RobertM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Refer to the Workstation documentation VMware Workstation Documentation for Supported Host OS's.  Make sure to select version 10.x from the drop-down box.

0 Kudos
RobertEM
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Your link is outdated, but I finally have found a list three links deeper. There are many choices of linux there, and I suppose that not all are equally complete for vmware. Which one in your opinion is most trouble free?

0 Kudos