VMware Communities
bibitss
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

where can i see vmware logs for up/down machines

Greetings to everyone and merry chrismas,

I work at a script that it analyze the logs of vmware machines. Im using a ubuntu and workstation 12.5 pro. Where can i see the logs of vmware machines with up/down information ? but for unautorization autentifications logs ?

Thx you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Most likely you should be looking at the logs in your guest OS.

The vmware logs do not even have the concept of "unauthorized authentication access" as that access depends on the service that is being used in the guest OS.

Same for up/down (I take it you are talking about network interfaces up/down) that is information that is available within the guest OS.

For example host level I can have a network interface up, but still down at the guest OS.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Discussion moved from tech support  to Workstation Pro

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Most likely you should be looking at the logs in your guest OS.

The vmware logs do not even have the concept of "unauthorized authentication access" as that access depends on the service that is being used in the guest OS.

Same for up/down (I take it you are talking about network interfaces up/down) that is information that is available within the guest OS.

For example host level I can have a network interface up, but still down at the guest OS.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos