VMware Communities
neo2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

what does it mean that-WS with VSIDE Plug-in is installed????

what does it mean that-- make sure that WS with VSIDE Plug-in is installed ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I am planning to post a guide to using the VSIDE plugin to the Workstation Team blog at some point soon, but in the meantime I'll give you a few pointers. First, install Visual Studio 2005. Then, install Workstation and go to Custom and make sure that the Visual Studio plugin is select to be installed. If it seems like you cannot install the plugin, then you may not have Visual Studio 2005 installed. If you have already installed Workstation, re-run the installer and select to Modify your existing installation to install the plugin.

When you're finished installing, load up Visual Studio 2005 and whichever Solution you want to debug in a virtual machine. Go to the VMware menu and click "Help Topics". The manual will guide you through the rest of the process of configuring everything so that you are able to successfully debug in a virtual machine. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Where are you seeing this message? The VSIDE plugin is a plugin for Visual Studio 2005 that allows you to debug a project in a virtual machine. It is helpful for testing a project on different operating systems than the one you are developing on.

0 Kudos
neo2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I want to test the debugger tools like Visual Studio. Hence I need to install the WS-6 with Plugins. How to use it??

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I am planning to post a guide to using the VSIDE plugin to the Workstation Team blog at some point soon, but in the meantime I'll give you a few pointers. First, install Visual Studio 2005. Then, install Workstation and go to Custom and make sure that the Visual Studio plugin is select to be installed. If it seems like you cannot install the plugin, then you may not have Visual Studio 2005 installed. If you have already installed Workstation, re-run the installer and select to Modify your existing installation to install the plugin.

When you're finished installing, load up Visual Studio 2005 and whichever Solution you want to debug in a virtual machine. Go to the VMware menu and click "Help Topics". The manual will guide you through the rest of the process of configuring everything so that you are able to successfully debug in a virtual machine. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Okay, I finally got around to posting that blog entry on the Workstation team blog with a full walkthrough about how to use the plugin as well as troubleshooting tips. Here is a link .

0 Kudos