Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

website on vmware is not accessible from other hosts

The host is Windows 7 and the guest is CentOS. I managed to set

up openSSH and apache and the site is visible from the host but I cant

access it from outside my LAN (I have a router) or inside my LAN (from a

different computer of course). How to configure Vmware & window7 so I

can access my virtual server from the internet?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you did what I said in my reply to you the other day on this same subject you should be able to access from other computers on your LAN however that will not by itself allow WAN connections and you'll have to configure your Router properly to allow connectivity to the VM from the Internet.

Did you do as I suggested and read Chapter 14 do you'd have an understanding of virtual networking and then set the VM's Network Adapter to Bridged and disable automatic bridging in the Virtual Network Editor?

If not go back and read:

BTW In the future do not start a second discussion thread for the same issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you did what I said in my reply to you the other day on this same subject you should be able to access from other computers on your LAN however that will not by itself allow WAN connections and you'll have to configure your Router properly to allow connectivity to the VM from the Internet.

Did you do as I suggested and read Chapter 14 do you'd have an understanding of virtual networking and then set the VM's Network Adapter to Bridged and disable automatic bridging in the Virtual Network Editor?

If not go back and read:

BTW In the future do not start a second discussion thread for the same issue.

0 Kudos
dcache
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much WoodyZ for answering again Smiley Happy Smiley Happy I have followed your

instructions and its working perfect on LAN.

I started new thread because I want my VM to be accessible

on internet. Thanks again for your help, can you please help me how can I configure

my router to allow connectivity from the internet? I have enabled “IP

routing” on my host machine. Let me know what else I have to do? Very grateful

to you

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

can you please help me how can I configure my router to allow connectivity from the internet? I have enabled “IP routing” on my host machine. Let me know what else I have to do?

If the VM is using a Bridged Network Adapter and the Guest itself has Internet/network Connectivity then this really isn't a VMware Workstation issue and you really should consult the documentation for your particular Router.

Typically you can either place the IP Address of the target system in the DMZ or you can configure the Router's Firewall to allow Single Port Forwarding, and configure additional non nonconsecutive ports individually, if necessary, or configure Port Range Forwarding for a group of consecutive ports.

Have you registered/setup the domain name for your web site or are you just doing this for testing purpose?

dcache
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

for now i want it to configure for testing purpose on sub domain (lets say xyz.mydomain.com)... Let me try what you suggested.. I am newb to networking so first i look for tutorials and than make configrations dats why it takes time to update this thread.. by the way is it possible to configure my vmware workstation to host website for a particular domain name? if yes... than how?

0 Kudos