VMware Communities
jimgial
Contributor
Contributor

vmx| I005+ Exception 0xc0000005 (access violation) has occurred

Recently we started having daily crashes from a virtual machine hosted on a Windows 10 Workstation. We have VMware® Workstation 16 Pro 16.1.1 build-17801498 Licensed. Usually takes place when inside the virtual machine runs a task that imports backup files from our Oracle production DB server to the backup database that is installed inside the vm. I am attaching the log file. If anyone can help because we searched but didn't find something usefu to help us fix the problem. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Disable vmci and check if it happens again.
Set vmci0.present = "false"

But more important:
repair vmdks with vmware-vdiskmanager.exe -R

Thats urgents !!!
Dont use OneDrive !!!

jimgial
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your responce. Are we going to loose our vm machine??? I will try your suggestion and see how it goes. We don't use OneDrive.

I will report back.

0 Kudos
jimgial
Contributor
Contributor

Running the command C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation>vmware-vdiskmanager.exe -R E:\MOMENTUMVM(51)\MOMENTUMVM-000002.vmdk doesn't do anything. Just returns to the command promt cursor.

0 Kudos
jimgial
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. After your recommendations our VM machine stopped crashing with the Exception error! I just want to ask should i enable vmci0.present or leave it "false"? Now our logs stopped showing that the disks needs to be repaired.

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
jimgial
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Today it crashed again. It was operating without  a problem for 4 days. I am attaching today's log file for investigation. If you see in the log files the messages about the disk repair dissapeared. We assume that our disk is ok. Can you please provide help? Thank you again.

0 Kudos
jimgial
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again! Today crashed again. It is the second time after the actions we've taken. Now it crashes every 4 days. We will keep record to see if this is true or a coincidence. I am attaching the new log. Can you please check if you can help? If it's true that is crashing every 4 days, what is this that making it crashing?

0 Kudos