VMware Communities
trenta19
Contributor
Contributor

vmware workstation, closed my ports

Hey Everyone, need some ideas, i was given an old game complete source files for the server and a clients so people can join the server. i have got the game running all good there but to get people to join thats the problem.

vmware workstation runs the server with a bridge connection, in the modem i have a static ip for this server, this part works well.

now for the problem i have to open 7002,6005,6008,6009, which has been done, modem firewall everything, i use port forward network to test ports, when vmware hasnt started all the ports are open happy days, when we start vmware all the UDP are closed, cant be opened. TCP are ok, please help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the area for Workstation Pro (since you are not using NSX), I have reported it to the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

What network connection type are you using for this VM?  If Bridged mode, then VMware should not be blocking anything.  If NAT mode, then you need to run the Virtual Network Editor and add port mappings.

0 Kudos