VMware Communities
chalana
Contributor
Contributor

vmware workstation 9 CANT BOOT BIOS

Allo everyone , i have a question that i think you people might know how to answer, i have been trying to acess vmware bios and change the boot order,

to do that i power of my machine in wich i`m using windows 8, than i go to power/ enter bios i chose cd/ boot press f10 and enter to save changes!

the problem is that the changes that i made when i reeboot to the machice  are always gone it gets back to first  boot order wich is reemoval devices,

i´m frustated because i wonted to make some tests with a rescue disk and i can`t!

does anyone knows how to fix this isue?!

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL , AND IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT PLEASE TELL ME!

A NICE DAY TO ALL IN THIS COMUNITY THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mfelker
Expert
Expert

I just tried booting to BIOS and changing the boot order moving the hard disk up.  The order was in fact preserved.  Then I changed the order back to removable disk as the first boot device and it remained.  Now I am using a Shared VM - possibly the behavior is different for an ordinary VM but I very much doubt.   If yoy were going to test  a rescue disk wouldn't you want the removable device first anyway?? 

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

i go to power/ enter bios i chose cd/ boot press f10 and enter to save changes!

the problem is that the changes that i made when i reeboot to the machice  are always gone it gets back to first  boot order wich is reemoval devices,

When you say you choose the CD-ROM Drive does that mean you're moving it to the top of the list, as in the image below, before you press F10 then Enter?

VMware_BIOS_Boot_CD-ROM_Drive.png

If not, then that's the problem! Smiley Wink

BTW To move it to the top after selecting CD-ROM Drive with the down arrow key then press Shift-+ until it's at the top then press F10 then Enter.

0 Kudos
chalana
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the correct answer in fact i made what you said and it solved the problem

A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOU ! CHEARS!

0 Kudos