VMware Communities
dch53
Contributor
Contributor

vmware tools installation: alias manager and ticket service failed to start.

What was supposed to be a quick virtualization of my old Windows 10 PC has turned into a many-day marathon. Problem > research > muddle around until fixed and repeat. If I can't get this running satisfactorily, there's no point purchasing VMware Workstation.

The VM is still slow and the old version of the PCB design software I need to preserve runs slow or not at all and wants graphics acceleration.

Installation of VMware Tools was greyed out. Researched and fixed that. Now when starting services VMware Tools Setup reports "VMware Alias Manager and Ticket Service failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

I am a member of the administrators group.

I tried starting the service manually and get "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

My research didn't turn up any posts regarding my circumstances. Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dch53
Contributor
Contributor

More searching and I found that uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, and then reinstalling it solved this issue.