VMware Communities
zhangyang7761
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vmware-installer --set-setting vmware-workstation serialNumber JG***-*****-*****-*****-***6M

可以用中文吗?我英语不好,我通过SSH在linux上安装 VMWare 9.0.2, 没有桌面,进不了WorkStation,没有办法在 菜单上输入 注册码,我想知道有么有办法通过命令行设置注册码。

我用了标题中的命令行,好像不管用,各位能帮忙吗,还有那位大侠可以帮我翻译成英语啊。

Message was edited by: a.p. - Modified the serial number in the title.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

It is possible to install via command line only.

It has been a while since I've done that (Workstation 7 I think) so my memory is a bit flaky.

I seem to remember that I could just start the installer and it would switch to console installer by itself, so have to just tried to run the bundle?

Alternatively the documentation for Workstation 10 VMware Workstation 10 Documentation Center seems to suggest that you should use a --console option.

edit: If you already managed to install, but only want to assign a license then try to run:

/usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx --new-sn ABCD-DDDD-AECD-DEFD...DDD

where the fake "ABCD.." license is replaced with your real license key.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zhangyang7761
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am installing VMware 9.0.2 by SSH, so no desktop.

How to input license key in console.

0 Kudos
LordKiRon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't help you, but putting your serial number here is a bad idea. Better remove it from a post, use something like <serial_number> instead.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

It is possible to install via command line only.

It has been a while since I've done that (Workstation 7 I think) so my memory is a bit flaky.

I seem to remember that I could just start the installer and it would switch to console installer by itself, so have to just tried to run the bundle?

Alternatively the documentation for Workstation 10 VMware Workstation 10 Documentation Center seems to suggest that you should use a --console option.

edit: If you already managed to install, but only want to assign a license then try to run:

/usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx --new-sn ABCD-DDDD-AECD-DEFD...DDD

where the fake "ABCD.." license is replaced with your real license key.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos