VMware Communities
SirTuube
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vmware.exe slowly freezes after a while

I'm running a development vm (Windows Server 2012 r2) on VMWare Workstation Pro 14 on a Windows 10 laptop, and vmware slowly becomes unresponsive.

This can be seen in the sliding of the top bar, which after a while takes like 10 seconds to fully slide down. Also switching from guest to host and vice versa becomes very slow, sometimes even undoable.

The guest os itself seems to be mostly ok, maybe there's a little delay in the actions but it's still usable.

The problem can be momentarily fixed by killing the vmware.exe and starting it again. But after about 30 minutes the problem is there again.

The version of the software is 14.1.2 build-8497320. Is there any fix to this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SirTuube
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem seems to have gone away itself... now vmware works as it should, without any slowness. I don't think that windows has had any new updates so I suspect the problem might have come from some of the mandatory software of our domain, such as McAfee antivirus and so on.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DickHinSC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same thing happens to my 4.1.2 on Win10Pro host.  See my Active Ticket

VMWare Workstation 14.1.2 build-8497320, locks up

Your post helps me with thinking that it's much less likely to be a  hardware issue. 

SirTuube
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem seems to have gone away itself... now vmware works as it should, without any slowness. I don't think that windows has had any new updates so I suspect the problem might have come from some of the mandatory software of our domain, such as McAfee antivirus and so on.

0 Kudos