VMware Communities
forootan
Contributor
Contributor

vmware blocking udp discovery

I am a java developer and trying to connect android app to desktop java app. first mobile app discover its IP for example 192.168.1.2 and send udp packet to 192.168.1.255:4445. Desktop app is listening on port 4445 for udp packet. After installed vmware, it doesn't work any more. please help me to fix this problem. I tried to disable and even remove virtual network from vmware, but it doesn't work. please help me to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please enlighten us by sharing which specific VMware product you mean when you say “vmware”?

It sounds like Workstation Pro or Workstation Player, but you might surprise us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
forootan
Contributor
Contributor

it is Workstation Pro 16

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That is helpful for any thread you create, as is trying to create it in the area of the Communities for that product, so it gets the correct audience.

I've reported your thread to moderators asking them to move it to the area for Workstation Pro.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
forootan
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, please send me its link. i didn't receive any message from it.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check the path above your initial post, the thread has been moved.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 12.09.28.png

0 Kudos
forootan
Contributor
Contributor

No one knows what should i do???!!!

0 Kudos
forootan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Looks like no one wants to help me.

Maybe me and all my user app should remove VMWARE WORKSTATION!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Well, that would be a good first troubleshooting step - to verify if the conflict is indeed from Workstation.

After that, you could reinstall and then post details of your setup if you want someone to attempt to diagnose.  Also please realize all of us are volunteer users just like yourself...  it's quite possible nobody else has encountered your issue before.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Note that this is a user forum, where people help others if they can, in their own time.

There's a big difference there between nobody wanting to help you and nobody having the time and the knowledge to help you.

0 Kudos