VMware Communities
superVMuser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vmware bios screen vary slow

vmware workstation ver:12.5.7

issue: when enter bios in vmware , screen vary slow.

here is the video

vmware bios screen slow - YouTube

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

In case you have AVG or Avast or BitDefender 2017 installed on the host computer, that could be the possible cause of the slowness due to the virtualisaton features that these software have.

For Bitdefender 2017, there is no feature to disable that feature. Only solution is to uninstall and go back to an earlier version of Bitdefender.

For AVG, you can refer to this Re: XP VM suddenly slow, Win 7 fine  on how to disable.

For Avast, you can refer to this Re: XP VM suddenly slow, Win 7 fine   on how to disable.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

In case you have AVG or Avast or BitDefender 2017 installed on the host computer, that could be the possible cause of the slowness due to the virtualisaton features that these software have.

For Bitdefender 2017, there is no feature to disable that feature. Only solution is to uninstall and go back to an earlier version of Bitdefender.

For AVG, you can refer to this Re: XP VM suddenly slow, Win 7 fine  on how to disable.

For Avast, you can refer to this Re: XP VM suddenly slow, Win 7 fine   on how to disable.

superVMuser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks it's solve my problem.

thevmware1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same problem with Kaspersky antivirus . tried disabling hardware acceleration , still the same issue , I even tried reinstalling workstation, but that didn't work either. I would really appreciate if someone helped🙂

Model : Lenovo b50-80 

Processor : Intel Core i3 (5th Gen) Processor

Ram : 8 GB DDR3 RAM

Storage : 1 TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100

Version  : VMware Workstation 16 Pro 

I hope these helped....

0 Kudos
sausisse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is your hard drive slow?

If it is, can replace it?

Maybe that can accually help.

0 Kudos
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

@ thevmware1,

I don't have Kasperky antivirus, you can try disabling the virtualisation features of Kaspersky if you have not already done so. Try look at the following Kaspersky webpages for possible steps.

https://support.kaspersky.com/common/safemoney/13713#block2
https://support.kaspersky.com/common/safemoney/13713#block5

thevmware1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

well I did disable virtualization, but it doesn't help. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
thevmware1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Spoiler
Spoiler

My HDD is pretty fast , by the way , I didn't have the problem before an update to windows 10 , i'm not sure which one..

0 Kudos
thevmware1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey everyone , I just want to say thank you for your help , I just found out the cause , first of all , I disabled hardware acceleration in the BIOS.  Then I reinstalled vmware workstation, and turned acceleration back on.. and that worked!! Once again thank you everyone for your help,  really appreciate it ❤🙂

0 Kudos