VMware Communities
stevej75
Contributor
Contributor

vmware Workstation 11 crashes when switching virtual machines if i have a file in the clipboard

I have a vm running Windows.  Whilst using it I copy a file from one folder to another on that vm.  If I then switch to another vm workstation will crash.  The virtual machines carry on running in the background and I can restart workstation and continue using it until I switch tabs again at which point it crashes again. 

I can work around it by having notepad open and copying a single 'space' character into the clipboard before switching tabs but this issue is starting to drive me up the wall!

It doesn't happen when first using the virtual machines but the moment it occurs then it will continue to crash until I restart my machine.

Any ideas anyone?

I get the following error in the Windows Event Log:

Faulting application name: vmware.exe, version: 11.0.0.54843, time stamp: 0x546ea534

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x6f636e65

Faulting process ID: 0x7a8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d04782b752f22c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: f7fdb340-b375-11e4-8286-002683331c89

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi stevej75, and welcome to the VMware Communities!

VMware Workstation 11.1 has been released just today, and the VMware Workstation 11.0 Release Notes suggest that your problem might be fixed by the update:

The UI sometimes crashed when a user copied and pasted a file between two Windows guests. This issue has been resolved.

If you have the chance, please give the update a try, and let us know if you encounter any further trouble!

Thanks,

--

Darius

0 Kudos