VMware Communities
vxr
Contributor
Contributor

vmrun start problem after revertToSnapshot

Hi!

I have been fighting this problem for few days now and seriously need help. I have tried all possiple links found via google. I have tried everything found from this board and so on but nothing helps. Problem is that i use Ant script (exec command) to revert virtual machine and start it up again. Everything works great when i run the script from the server locally using cmd or run the Ant script using cmd. Problem is that it should run using defined service and when the service is executing this script it gives the error (service executes same cmd.exe):

vmrun revertToSnapshot <.vmx> snapname

vmrun start <.vmx>

-> Error: Command failed: Cannot connect to the virtual machine

The reverting obiously works becouse the vm is in suspended state and it shows the snapshot name correctly. I also noticed that there are multiple vmware.exe processes in win taskmanager that reserve huge amount of memory in total (and eventually it will end). This may be cause i started vmware.exe using -q -x last time?

Can this have something to do with user autentification? The local (and working) cmd.exe is executed as user like the service executing this script, but the service has other services too that are run as system user. Not quite sure if those other services are the one that really executes the Ants exec command.

VMware Workstation version 6.0.2, win server 2003 sp2, 64-bit

-vxr

0 Kudos
0 Replies