VMware Communities
Sledhead1
Contributor
Contributor

virtual machine is frequently suspended for an unknown reason

I have a virtual machine that frequently suspends for no known reason.  laptop is plugged in.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You must state which VMware product you are using, in this case it sounds like either Workstation or Fusion?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

It would be better to know what VMware product/version you are using and the host OS, guest OS. Since you said the host is a laptop, best guess would be you are using Workstation Pro/Player on Windows/Linux or Fusion Pro/Player on macOS.

If the guest OS is some variant of Windows, unactivated Windows are known to suspend after some amount of time has passed.

0 Kudos
Sledhead1
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware workstation 16 pro with a windows 10 virtual.  I added this line suspend.disabled = "TRUE" to the vdx file and now the virtual is crashed.

0 Kudos
Sledhead1
Contributor
Contributor

laptop is Microsoft windows 10 

0 Kudos
Sledhead1
Contributor
Contributor

Did not mean to check that box.  still looking for a solution.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Expect a moderator to move your thread to the area for Workstation, the {code} area is for SDK matters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Sledhead1
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if this got moved, I can't find any other responses to it.  Anyone have any ideas?  

0 Kudos
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

As mentioned before, Windows 10 OS without license activation will suspend (even on a physical machine).
Assuming that the Windows 10 OS in the VM is activated, did your check the VM Power Options not to sleep after some period of time?

0 Kudos