VMware Communities
tpau17
Contributor
Contributor

using a vm from fusion 3.01 in workstation 7.01 ??

Hi all,

I use normally Fusion on my Mac's but ordered for my Thinkpad T61p (Win7 32-bit Ultimate and 4 GB RAM) the Workstation version and tried today to copy a VMachine (I create a new VMachine and connect to the 50gb-file in the folder), built on my fusion with XP-SP3 to my Thinkpad. XP started, my appliactions starts all without any problems (and the Oracle XE-database, too) but the mouse are "crazy". I deinstalled the VMTools and installed the VMTools from the V7.01 build and the effect is the same ... Any hints / tips how I can use my mouse normal ??

When I create a new XP on my Workstation V7 all works fine.

Thanks

Smiley Happy thomas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kasraeian
Expert
Expert

What Mouse do you use? (USB or trackball-touchpad)

I'm not sure but do you have USB Controller in your VM setting page?

If you have one, remove the usb controller from the setting of your vm on WS7 and start/shudown the vm, then add the usb controller again.

-= If you found this note/reply useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" =-

-= If there's any mistake in my notes, please correct me! =-

-= Thanks =-

MCTS, VCP

If you found this note/reply useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" If there's any mistake in my notes, please correct me! Sohrab Kasraeianfard | http://www.kasraeian.com | @Kasraeian
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

So far you performed the right steps on troubleshooting. Normally you should not have to reinstall VMware tools as both products are at the same level, but it was a good first step.

When I create a new XP on my Workstation V7 all works fine.

Verify the .vmx files for both virtual machines and check them for differences in configuration..

FWIW, I have no problems using Fusion 3.0.1 VMs in workstation 7.0 (haven't updated workstation yet)

Hope this helps,

--

Wil

VI-Toolkit & scripts wiki at http://www.vi-toolkit.com

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
tpau17
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your help! I've tested the USB-controller-trick and no change.

Then I install a new XP on Workstation 7 and .... the same result with my mouse... I must admit that I thought I made this with 7, but it was on Vista some month ago, sorry!

-> I think I must open a new thread because there is a problem with my Windows 7 ultimate and VMWare Workstation 7 (have nothing to do with my Fusion3-machine...)

thanks again!

Smiley Happy thomas

0 Kudos