VMware Communities
David-Taylor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

unsure how to set up network

Good evening all. Apologies in advance as I'm new to VM's and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. So apologies if this is a dumb question  

I've a machine in the office that I've set up a windows 10 Pro VM on. The VM is running fine, and when I set the network to NAT it sees the Internet and all is good.

However we can not remote in which is the whole point. I switched it to a bridged connection and now the VM can no longer access the Internet.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated. Forgot to mention I'm running Workstation Pro 17

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

>>> ... we can not remote in ...
How exactly do you need to access the VM? Via RDP?

What may be an option is to use NAT, and configure port forwarding in the NAT settings, e.g. forwarding host port 13389 to the VM on port 3389.

André

View solution in original post

3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

>>> ... we can not remote in ...
How exactly do you need to access the VM? Via RDP?

What may be an option is to use NAT, and configure port forwarding in the NAT settings, e.g. forwarding host port 13389 to the VM on port 3389.

André

David-Taylor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes. We have an offside worker who we want to be able to remote in using RDP. However the VM is on an actively used machine so we don't want any conflicts.

I'll double check when I get in in the morning and see if what you suggested works.

Thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
David-Taylor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot! Working like a charm now.

0 Kudos