VMware Communities
LordLion
Contributor
Contributor

two seperate Networks using one Gateway

Good evening all,

i´m new to this forum and want to ask instantly one question Smiley Happy

A short description to the environment:

we have a private network where all our devices (TVs, Phones, Computers) are attached.

Our Internetprovider is the Telekom Germany from whom we got a router which we have to use. The reason why we have to use this, is the deployment of the correct settings that our TV´s are working. We are using IPTV.

Last week i got a training in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and wanted to install this in our private network. Just for testing some new features, especially the pxe boot and deployment of unattended windows installations.

SCCM is just working correctly, when a dhcp, dns, ad, sql and some more featues are set up. All of this features should not be available on our private network, so i decided to use a host-only network. Until here, i have no problem.

BUT now to my question. The SCCM / SQL Server needs a internet connection. My domain controller has another subnet (192.168.142.xxx) than our private network (192.168.2.xx). How i can connect the second network, without any extra equipment(router, switch, etc), to the correct gateway which is in our private network.

Can i do this with vmware?

Best regards,

LL

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

You will need to place a router between the 2 networks - there are a number of virtual appliances that will allow you to do this

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
OscarDavey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello,

If you configure network mode as Host Only,

without having other router you can not provide internet to Guest OSs.

As I understand you need to have internet on this devices.

Hope helped you.

Yours, Oscar

0 Kudos