VMware Communities
pdipietro
Contributor
Contributor

snapshoot: my fault or workstation fault???

Hi all,

Maybe I understood nothing at all, but I had a negative experience I'd like to share.

I'm running ws 7.1, where I have a long list of snapshoot organized as a tree.

Usually, each snapshot is equal to the preceding PLUS something (a new installed program, a new release, some enhanced software I developed, and so on).

Yesterday, for the first time, I need to test an alternative product respect those already installed.

So, I just create a snapshot (call it freeze) to freeze the actual situazion and then I open restart the virtual machin to disinstall a product and install another one (just as example, I deleted MS/SQL and installed MySql).

Everythings run fine so I switched off everything, created another snapshot (call it MySql) for the new situation ang gone to sleep.

This morning I switched back to the original snapshot (freeze) to restart working with MS/SQL and, with my big surprise, I found it uninstalled. Of course no MySql was installed, because it is on the new branch (MySql).

Please, can anyone help me to understand where is my error???

Thank you

Paolo

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Hmm - I am not sure I completely understand what you have done - so far it looks like expected behaviour to me.

Please explain what you exactly did - use the same terms to describe your actions as they are used by the Snapshotmanager GUI please.

VMX-parameters- WS FAQ -[ MOAcd|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VMDK-Handbook

0 Kudos