VMware Communities
xchangepatewon
Contributor
Contributor

setting up virtual network

im trying to setup a test lab virtual network using my acronis true image backups that are converted to run in vmware using the vmware converter tool. what im trying to do is mirror the setup as close as i can but one problem i am having is setting up my remote office servers to communicate with my main office in my vmware test lab. im using vmware workstation to run this test lab. in my production network i have 3 remote offices plus 1 HQ that all connect using a mesh VPN topolgy. here is my current network configuration:

in my HQ i have

2 DC's -one running 2003, the other running 2000

15 member servers which include:

1 Exchange 2007 - running SCR to 1 Exchange 2007 in my 2nd remote office

1 SQL 2005 server

13 others running other 3rd party applications

1 netapp fas3020 (will not be in my test lab)

1 netapp r200 (will not be in my test lab)

remote office 1:

1 DC running 2003

1 file server

remote office 2

1 DC running 2003

1 file server

1 exchange 2007 - SCR backup

1 netapp fas 3020 - setup for snapmirror backups

remote office 3

1 dc running 2003

1 file server

how do i go about setting up a vpn like setup/configuration in vmware workstation where each remote office is on its own ip scheme but still will communicate with all the others . i need to setup this for my DC's since i will be testing a bunch of stuff and i need to make sure replication is working properly. is there a way to do this? if not how would i go aboutsetting something up to achieve the same results.

right now i just have a team setup running on a LAN 1 segment. everything works fine there with my servers communicating. im sure i left out some information that you might need, please feel free to ask and i will do my best to answer them.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
xchangepatewon
Contributor
Contributor

bump.

anyone have any ideas or can you point me in a certain direction to resolve this issue. is it possible to do what i want or will this require external components (extra pcs, routers, etc) to setup the same test lab environment that i have in my production network?

thank you!

0 Kudos