VMware Communities
cédricL
Contributor
Contributor

scanner scsi

Hello,

I have an issue with Workstation 6.

I have a scsi scanner which works on the XP host.

When I try to use the scanner on the XP VM with the same software that I use on the host, I have this message.

"VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vmx)

NOT_IMPLEMENTED C:/ob/bora-45731/bora/devices/scsi/scsiPassthruWin32.c:662 bugNr=12551

A log file is available in "C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Bureau\Sequenceur XP\vmware.log". A core file is available in "C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Application Data\VMware\vmware-vmx-2728.dmp". Please request support and include the contents of the log file and core file.

To collect files to submit to VMware support, run "vm-support.vbs".

We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement."

and the vm stops to work.

this is the log

please help me, thanks a lot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Goborg
Contributor
Contributor

Have you solved your problem? I am getting to the same situation, when trying to use my old Agfa SCSI scanners on Workstation 6 and Virtual Machine Windows XP SP3 or Windows 98 SE. Original software worked fine on both physical systems. I used VMware SCSi Controler vmscsi-1.2.0.4, which installs fine. The same way, my Agfa Scanner StudioStar gets installed and looks fine in Device Manager. Yet, it crushes each time with the similar error message.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Hi and welcome
we need more details
do you run the VM as admin ?
what is your host-OS ?
please reproduce the problem and then attach the vmware.log

0 Kudos
Goborg
Contributor
Contributor

:smileyshocked:With the VMware Workstation 8 Trial, I was still getting this error, when trying to use my Agfa SCSI scanners inside the Virtual Workstation 8. At last, I made it through to the VMware technical support and I was told that none of the VMware software, neither any other software playing with virtualisation, the VMware Tech. Support would be aware, supports SCSI through equipments. That means there is no chance our old physical scanners would ever work in VMware Workstation 8, e.g. The VMware SCSI adapter supports virtual SCSI equipments, like if you would like to build and install a Virtual SCSI Hard Disk Drive. That's what it is for. It is too bad that they do not write these things in plain language in their manual. They would save a lot of wasted time to the people trying to do imposible!!!:smileyangry:

0 Kudos