VMware Communities
ericeman
Contributor
Contributor

read-only as vmrest is operating the vm

Im having issues with loading up an ubuntu virtual machine thats in my debian server from a linux laptop running ubuntu as well with VMware workstation 16.

From my HP laptop i connected to my Servers shared folder, im able to view network shared drives and vmx files..

When i click start up this guest operating system i get an error. Unable to change virtual machine power state: Failed to power on'/run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host="ip to server", user="user"/"path to vmx file"

When i click edit virtual machine settings at the top of the window it says "Virtual machine settings (Read-only as vmrest is operating the VM) and all the settings are greyed out.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the area for Workstation Pro, I have reported it to the volunteer moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos