VMware Communities
CantSeeWin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"Operating system not found" when trying to boot from Windows Server 2003 x64 ISO

I wanted to install Windows Server 2003 x64 on Workstation Pro 16, and when I tried booting to the CD, it showed "Operating system not found"

Can someone help me get it booting?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Assuming you have connected the ISO to the CD/DVD drive of the VM and selected the "Connect at power on" check box in the VM settings, if that doesn't make the OS installation start the issue is probably the ISO image.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Assuming you have connected the ISO to the CD/DVD drive of the VM and selected the "Connect at power on" check box in the VM settings, if that doesn't make the OS installation start the issue is probably the ISO image.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
CantSeeWin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I realise now that I accidentally tried to install the wrong ISO, I was trying to boot to the SP1 ISO.

Sorry!

0 Kudos