VMware Communities
bobbyscots
Contributor
Contributor

peer to peer VM network

Hello all,

this is my first post here on these boards. I am having trouble setting up a peer to peer network between two VMs on the same host using WS10. essentially what I'm looking to accomplish is set up file sharing between the two VMs and use the Host as a router/switch. so far I have only been able to get the VMs to share files with the host. anyone tried this and got it to work?

the host is windows 8.1, the VMs are windows 8.1 and CENTOS linux.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I'd strongly suggest you read the documentation, specifically chapter 5 "Configuring Network Connections" and also look at: Understanding networking types in hosted products (1006480)

The rest is basic Networking to which there are plenty of tutorial already available on the Internet, much less the File Sharing/Networking documentation in the OSes Help Files! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
bobbyscots
Contributor
Contributor

ok I believe the problem lies in the linux system itself. my issue, was that the linux machine could view the shared folders of the windows machine, but not the other way around. I've come to find out that by default, the public folder on CENTOS is not realyl shared and that SAMBA is required to be installed, setup, and configured before I can share it. as I am a newb in linux I have not yet figured out how to do this so in the mean time I will just be communicating and sharing files via the windows hosted public folder. thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

What's to figure out, just Google install samba centos! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos