VMware Communities
suren82
Contributor
Contributor

new to VMWare ..how to install two windows server 2008 r2 server make them behave like server and client

Hi All,

Am a software developer. Currently working on asp.net,IIS and SQL Server 2008 r2. Our client is giving access to lots of  ftp,smtp,IIS and SQL Server R2 but the problem which am facing is access issue.

Like sometime sql server authentication issue and file sharing issue.

So i planned to learn the admin related activities like Active directory, file sharing and Sql server 2008 r2 admin related activity so that i can inform the customer how to give acess and i can explain the problem

I have a dell laptop with windows 8 installed.

I have installed vmware workstation 9 and i  installed  2 windows server 2008 r2  in the VM Ware.

Some one please help me how to make network between the two windows server 2008 vmware.

am tototally new to vm and network and explain me with set by step..

Is it possible to make any one the windows server 2008 as server and making other windows server 2008 and the dell installed windows 8  as client

Please help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - You really have 3 choices for configuring networking in VMware Workstation -

1. Bridged - when a VM has bridged networking it will appear on the physical network
  2. NAT - This where workstation acts as a NAT Firewall - generating IP addresses for the VMs so they can communicate to each and beable to access resources from your production netwrork but are hidden from the production network
  3. Host Only - The VMs are on a network that is completely blockeed from your production network

Reviewing the Workstation will help you further - http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/ws_pubs.html

I have also moved this to the Workstation Forum -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

suren82 wrote:

Some one please help me how to make network between the two windows server 2008 vmware.

am tototally new to vm and network and explain me with set by step..

As far as Networking goes you need to read Chapter 5 "Configuring Network Connections" in Using VMware Workstation (PDF) so as to have a better understanding of the VMware Virtual Network Infrastructure.  Then based on your needs you'd do essentially the same as if networking two physical machines while working within the confines of what settings you chose for the Virtual Machine's Network Adapters! Smiley Wink

Also have a look at: Understanding networking types in hosted products (1006480)

0 Kudos