VMware Communities
jono1970
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

isolate vmware computers from host?

Hi,

I am running VMworkstation 6.0 and have 1 2003 server and 2 workstations (virtual machines) for my test network. Vm computers are on a 192.168.2 network. The trouble is that I want to set up DHCP/DNS for training purposes but this is causing issues on our live network as my test DHCP is giving out ip addresses, similarly our live dhcp is giving IPs to my test workstations.

Ideally i want to have my VM computers on their own isolated network so they can only communicate which each other. I do not even need them to communicate with the host computer. How would I do this?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Liz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Thats what teams are for. If you create a team, the team share a network, and dont need to share it with the host.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Liz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Thats what teams are for. If you create a team, the team share a network, and dont need to share it with the host.

0 Kudos
Liz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You don't necessary need to use a team, you could also just use one of virtual switch to put the VM's on a private network isolated from the host.

Don't use vmnet0, vmnet1 or vmnet8 for this type of configuration

0 Kudos
jono1970
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi All,

Thanks for the assistance. I have set up a team and this has resolved my problem.

Just out of interest, how would I use a virtual switch? Is this an additional feature? - I don't see any settings for this.

Cheers,

jono

0 Kudos