VMware Communities
rmegal
Contributor
Contributor

internal_power_error BSOD after installing vmware Workstation

I just replaced a machine that crashed. After installing my licensed copy of Workstation on my new machine I receive an INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD on boot-up if my Logitech G5 USB mouse is connected. I ran the mini-dump through windbg to get pertinent error information and then did a search of the web. I turned up a post regarding this same problem with vmware installed. So, I used Workstation's gather system information and then removed vmware. The INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR no longer occurs with vmware uninstalled.

I can circumvent the problem by unplugging the mouse when I reboot but this is a pain.

Is this a known problem? Is a fix forthcoming?

I do have the BSOD minidump and the vmsupport file if it will help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rmegal
Contributor
Contributor

I just upgraded to Vista x64 and installed the latest build of VmWare and the problem persists. I have a memory dump if someone needs it, and I am attaching the latest vmsupport file.

0 Kudos
rmegal
Contributor
Contributor

I just upgraded to Vista x64 and installed the latest build of VmWare and the problem persists. I have a memory dump if someone needs it, and I am attaching the latest vmsupport file.

0 Kudos
bbakermai
Contributor
Contributor

I had just upgraded to the latest build of VMWare workstation on my Vista Ultimate x64 P4D 955/Asus P5WD-E Premium/4GB RAM system, and I started finding it frozen when I would awaken it each morning from screen saver/power save mode. I finally started getting this same BSOD 0x000000A0. So I installed DaRT from the MDOP 2008 R2 DVD and built a bootable 'new' ERD 2008 CD. Crash analysis pointed to VMKbd.sys, which I cannot even find on my system. Uninstall VMWare or boot with no USB devices except for a basic keyboard (I use a Microsoft Bluetooth Wireless keyboard and mouse)., and all is well. I really need VMWare for my day to day. Looks like I'm not the only one...I'm just late to the party. I have minidump files if anyone wants them.

0 Kudos
rmegal
Contributor
Contributor

Just installed 6.5.3 build-185404. Same thing...

0 Kudos