VMware Communities
marvin67
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how do i remove a vm entry from the mycomputer tab?

I imported a vm, then moved the files and opened it from it's new location and now I have two similar entries in the "MyComputer" tab.  I'm running VMWorkstation 9.  How do I remove the old entry that no longer opens since the files aren't there any more?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marvin67
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found that right-clicking does indeed work to pull up the context menu when you are on the library pane, but when I was on the My Computer tab, the right-clicking does not work.  I had had my Library pane closed, but once I opened it and tried, I was able to solve the problem.  Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You should be able to right-click the obsolete entry and select Remove from the pop-up menu.

André

OscarDavey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Right click on your Guest VM and you will find option Manage and Delete from disk.

Your Oscar

marvin67
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found that right-clicking does indeed work to pull up the context menu when you are on the library pane, but when I was on the My Computer tab, the right-clicking does not work.  I had had my Library pane closed, but once I opened it and tried, I was able to solve the problem.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos