VMware Communities
theDumbAss
Contributor
Contributor

how do i get 32 bit colors in windows 98 second edition without vmware tools

i accidentally downloaded it in my previous one which is the same as that but now i cant re download the vmware tools for those and now my windows 98 se is useless because useful machines have 32 bit colors and if it does not have it its useless so can someone tell me how to get it without vmware tools

0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

> so can someone tell me how to get it without vmware tools
No way: you need the vmware-tools.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Cannot download?

CDS Repository - /var/www/public/stage/session-203/cds/vmw-desktop/ws/12.5.7/5813279/windows/package...

You'll need the WinPre2k one.

Then untar it, after which you run the .exe which will then put a .iso file in your C:\Program Files\VMware ... somewhere folder.

But I would first make sure you not already have a WinPre2k.iso down there.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

As as bonus, once you manage to install VMware Tools, you can drag and drop files from the host machine to the Windows 98SE VM.

This would be how you can drag and drop the Creative Ensoniq Windows 95/98 audio drivers into the VM after downloading through the host machine. I would advise against connecting the Windows 98SE VM to the internet.

Here is the link to the Windows 95/98 audio driver

http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=259

And this is a description of the download

Filesize : 975.17 KB

Release Date: 27 Aug 99

File Name : epw9xup.exe

ENSONIQ Audio PCI Driver for Windows 9x

This is the latest standalone driver for Creative ENSONIQ AudioPCI on Windows 95/98. This update is meant for users who are using version 113x series driver.

This release includes:

• new drivers (Ver: 4.05.1139) for Creative ENSONIQ AudioPCI (ES1371 Card)
  • Creative ENSONIQ AudioPCI Mixer
  • Improved audio for titles that support 3D audio

0 Kudos