VMware Communities
Weldon314
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how can I save the multimonitor layout so the VM launches with the same monitor layout each time

how can I save the multimonitor layout so the VM launches with the same monitor layout each time?

running vm workstation 16.2

The multi monitor functions are working great, except that I have to reset them every time I launch the VM.

The system has 4 monitors.  I use 3 in the VM layout.  but when I reboot I have to reset this setting.

The users we want to pass the system off to will not be able/willing to do this.  I don't remember this behavior in previous tests.

Thank you.

1 Reply
Weldon314
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is there a VMrun command that can control full screen "multi monitor layout"

vmware tool  vmwareResolutionSet  seems to only affect the virtual monitor count (so 3 virtual monitors show up on one full screen) the opposite of what I need.

I found many posts asking for this feature, but never any indication that VMware intends to do anything about it.

My users unfortunately have made this a non negotiable they will not be required "to do anything" to use their apps.  leaving me at this point spending 100s of thousands of extra dollars buying kvm and additional computers. 

VMWARE their is a marketplace among Dr.s for this feature.

0 Kudos