VMware Communities
frizzzdog
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone else had windows 2013 domain controller creation fail when creating on a ssd drive and vmware workstation 10 - see attached screenshot

Hello,

In the past I've had no problem creating a SharePoint farm on vmware 7, with Windows 2008 domain controller, ad, iis, sql and ShaerPoint 2008 and worked flawless.

Have a Dell Latitude with quad core cpu 2.8ghz, 8gb memory, samsung ssd 850evo 500 gb hdd and run other programs without any issues. Somehow after countless viewings I'm still stumped as to not being able to complete building a Windows 2013 Domain Controller with AD and DNS. Can update fine too as I have internet connectivity via the bridged connection option (vs. NaT), Has anyone else run into this same problem? There are steps that will enable the vt aspect of my laptop that I've followed to a "T" and above and beyond what the trainsignal/pluralsight instructors show in their videos which include creating a windows 2013 DC.

thanks everyone for reading this,..

Marc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Susie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the posting.

Could you share your workstation build version and more details on your steps ? Then we can provide more help to you.

Thanks,

Susie

frizzzdog
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Susie,

Sorry for the late reply but I was out of town.

I have a vmware workstation 10, and am using msdn dvd copies of SharePoint 2013, Windows 2012 r2 server OS (build en_windows_server_2012_r2_debug_checked_x64_dvd_2707937), and sql 2012.

I am trying to build a single tier SharePoint 2013 farm (inside of vmware workstation 10.0.0 build-1295980), and can't. I have tweeked the settings on vmware 10 to include enabling template mode, and checked the options for virtualize intel vt-x/ept and cpu performance counters. I've tried with and without sysprepping windows 2012 r2 but get same results when I promote my windows 2012r2 active directory server to a domain server. I also upon creation of the windows 2012 r2 os i get an exception erro but can't find any help when I researched the error #) See attached for 2 screenshots.

All three choices lead me back to same screen too - weird...

I am simply asking if you've heard of this issue before.

If so what is/are the remedies from any vmware techies to get me past this aggravating nuisance...

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos