VMware Communities
Yannick358
Contributor
Contributor

hard Disk (SCSI) (1) not recognized in windows 10x64

Hello,

I used VmWare WKS 14.1.7

I added a second drive (as persistent) in my win7x86 and it works fine. Windows see it and im able to format it and use it.   thats great!

now my issue :   I did the same setup in my Win10x64 vm(100go HD SCSI Persistent) ,  but in Windows im unable to see that HD in disk management.

even i mark it as independant or not its not working.    why in win10x64 im unable to add a second HD ?

Did a lot of test but i can not find the issue...

any help will be appreciate,  thanks

Yannick

MTL , Quebec

4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Attach the vmware.log from that VM so we can have a look.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Yannick358
Contributor
Contributor

Attach my VM log file : 

any idea , we can not figure it out

thanks

Yannick

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Yannick,

Initially the config looked fine to me.

Until I noticed this line:

2020-02-03T08:20:29.476-05:00| worker-3| I125: DISK: DiskConfigureVirtualSSD:  Disk 'scsi0:1' identified as Virtual SSD device.

Before that there's also this line:

2020-02-03T08:20:29.448-05:00| vmx| I125: DISK:DiskAutoDetectVirtualSSD: Failed to enumerate disk: 'E:\VMs\PM216446 V1 Win10x86\PM216446 V1 Win10x64.vmdk'. Reason: One of the parameters supplied is invalid.

So my suggestion would be to delete that disk and recreate it as something went wrong with it.

The .vmx itself does not have the line that would make it a virtual SSD.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
Yannick358
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You Wila,    ill have a try

0 Kudos