VMware Communities
lerosQ
Contributor
Contributor

gdb-server NAT issue

I'm trying to do the following, in a Worksation 8.0:

- 2 virtual machines: one with some MBR code (that I intend to debug)  and one with an ubuntu (12.04).

- I turned on the gdb-server in the first virtual machine (from the host machine I can connect freely to the 127.0.0.1:8832)

- I'd like to connect to that gdb-server from the second virtual machine, the one with an ubuntu on it.

I'm using the default NAT configuration for the network between the host & the ubuntu.

I tried to connect multiple ways to that server, but so far unsuccesfull:

target remote tcp:192.168.91.1:8832 (that ip was the default to the host on the VMNet1)

Connection refused.

target remote tcp:<myhostname>:8832

Connection refused.

Pinging both of the addresses works.

I'm pretty bad at these networking stuff, probably some simply configuration is needed ... so i'm here to ask help.

Thx in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
serviznie
Contributor
Contributor

Estaré fuera de la oficina hasta el próximo 11 de Enero, con acceso restringido al correo.

Un saludo

0 Kudos
lerosQ
Contributor
Contributor

?!

(I posted the discussion in a wrong place, probably that's why I got an ununderstandable answer, I moved it to the Workstation section, should be okay now)

0 Kudos
lerosQ
Contributor
Contributor

Switched to bridge connection at the end, but the main issue was that I added in the *.vmx file the line "debugStub.listen.guest32 = "TRUE"" insted of "debugStub.listen.guest32.remote = "TRUE"".

0 Kudos