VMware Communities
seregg
Contributor
Contributor

fps drops when running multiple machines

Hello everyone, I noticed one feature, if you run a lot of VMs, then performance will begin to fall. I have 7 VMs and 7 graphical applications are running there, and it can be seen that with each new VM launched, the fps drops on the previous ones, the processor is not loaded by 50%, the memory is also about 50% from here the question is does the video card on the host affect?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Host OS?

Guest OSes?

Workstation version?

Host hardware spec?

VM hardware spec?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
seregg
Contributor
Contributor

win 11

win 7

12700 , 64 ram, 750ti

game

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Giving as little information as possible makes it less likely that anyone will be able to help you.

What is the configuration of each of the VMs? (My “VM hardware spec” question)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
seregg
Contributor
Contributor

1 core 2 threads, increasing the memory does not help, how many cores do you need for 1 processor?
the fact is that 4 vm work fine, but if you connect more, then there is a drawdown on all machines.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is your graphics adapter? What graphics settings do you have configured in your VMs?

(Keep providing relevant information, I’m not going to prompt you any further)

0 Kudos