??

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

According to  Intel® Xeon® Processor E5405 (12M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) Product Specifications your CPU was released in Q4 2007, so my guess is that WS 14.x should not work either, according to this VMware Knowledge Base article. So you are left only with the option of WS12.x

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your CPU is too old, according to this: Processor Requirements for Host Systems

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

According to  Intel® Xeon® Processor E5405 (12M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) Product Specifications your CPU was released in Q4 2007, so my guess is that WS 14.x should not work either, according to this VMware Knowledge Base article. So you are left only with the option of WS12.x

lse123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In such cases Virtual Box - may be the best solution --- since this is the fact for older PCs???

0 Kudos
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VMware by definition is the best solution, otherwise we wouldn't be in this Community! Smiley Happy

Just joking, you'll have to search for the respective CPU compatibility documentation for Virtual Box and see what version best fits your situation.