VMware Communities
w1nter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

certificate revoked? hmmm

Hey all,

i grabbed WS 7 a few weeks ago (7.0.0.9911) and got around to installing today, but the certificate used to sign the install has been revoked.

anyone else noticed this?

is causing a PITA when installing Smiley Sad

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JJoel42
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is the first time that this has been reported. I have asked our installation team to investigate, but I would like to know if anyone else is seeing this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hello w1nter,

I also havn't heard of this issue. The .cer looks ok to me. The only clue I found is the link below. You might want to look through your Untrusted Certificates setting in IE to make sure VMware isn't untrusted.

http://1337planet.net/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t11853.html

Thanks

0 Kudos
w1nter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just opened the cert on a xpp machine, and couldnt see the extra field, think was called 'extra certificate information' which basically said the same thing as in the screenshot i attached. I will check on my W7 machine tonight and see...

I had imported the cert to the trusted publisgers store also.....

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

On IE7, I had to select Tools menu->Internet Options->Content tab

Push the Publishers button, you will get the Certificates dialog box, select in the Intended purpose drop down list box. And select the "Untrusted Publishers" tab page. Check to see if there are anything listed in that list. On mine, there are 2 issued to Microsoft Corporations expired in 2002 with Friendly Name "Fraudulent, NOT Microsoft". See if you see any others here. Close the dialog box afterwards

You shouldn't have to import any certificate, since the VMware one should be valid.

0 Kudos
w1nter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos