VMware Communities
coolcat68
Contributor
Contributor

captcha not appearing on XP & Vista guest. I am Using Workstation Pro 16.

I have VMs of Xp and Vista. Captcha is not showing up on them. My internet security needs me to verify with captcha to activate. I have a physical machine running XP and it works on it. please help.  I am using Workstation Pro 16.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Isn’t this most likely to be with the browsers of those very old OSes, rather than something to do with Workstation Pro.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
coolcat68
Contributor
Contributor

I have a physical machine with XP and captcha works just fine with the same browsers.

0 Kudos
coolcat68
Contributor
Contributor

I think it might have to do with network settings.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Interesting theory, what are your network settings?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
coolcat68
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried alot of different things.  Right now I have Bridged using my motherboards internet adapter.  I read online that it might have to do with not seeing the connection as invalid.  Due to proxy settings or vpn.

0 Kudos
coolcat68
Contributor
Contributor

I meant seeing the connection as invalid.  the not was an error.

0 Kudos
coolcat68
Contributor
Contributor

isn't there another way to activate?  Like a liscence file or something.

0 Kudos