VMware Communities
Veklar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

cannot upgrade tools after upgrading to 7.0.1 build-227600 workstation

Running Fedora 10 64 bit as host, Guest is windows 7 64 bit

when I try to update tools I get the following error.

Install of VMware Tools for Windows 2000 or later failed. Please report this to VMware or your system administrator as appropriate.

I have removed the vmware tools from the guest and tried to install but keep getting the same error.

any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlieM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, I saw this too.

Saving a copy of what was downloaded to /tmp, I saw it was still downloading the previous 7.0.0 build tools. Of course that failed ...Maybe someone at VMware forgot to update a link.

The way I updated was to go back and download the .bundle with the tools. Uninstall the old one (without the tools), then re-install the .bundle that has the tools included.

regards, ............ Charlie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CharlieM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, I saw this too.

Saving a copy of what was downloaded to /tmp, I saw it was still downloading the previous 7.0.0 build tools. Of course that failed ...Maybe someone at VMware forgot to update a link.

The way I updated was to go back and download the .bundle with the tools. Uninstall the old one (without the tools), then re-install the .bundle that has the tools included.

regards, ............ Charlie

0 Kudos
Veklar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Don't know why I did not even thing about using the full bundle. Anyway that worked thanks for the assist.

0 Kudos