VMware Communities
danteafk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

cannot install windows7 x64 on vmware

I am getting the below blank screen, any ideas why?

Usually, I should be able to select windows 7 from the empty list... tested with .iso file and disc so far.

http://i.imgur.com/pAZP8.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

after creating the custom VM with "Install the OS later", open the VM's settings and attach the ISO file to the virtual CD-ROM drive. Also make sure "Connect at Power On" is selected.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Verwenden Sie keine "Easy Install", wählen Sie stattdessen "Ich werde später Betriebssystem installieren".

0 Kudos
danteafk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

well thanks, but how am i going to install windows if I choose to install it later? If I start the VM it boots up and says "OS not found etc.."?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

after creating the custom VM with "Install the OS later", open the VM's settings and attach the ISO file to the virtual CD-ROM drive. Also make sure "Connect at Power On" is selected.

André

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When selecting "I will install the operating system later" think of it just as if putting together the separate physical components that make up a Physical Machine only in this case you create a Virtual Machine while selecting what OS yoi intend to install.  Then like with a Physical Machine you boot the Virtual Machine with a know good bootable Optical Disc from which to install the OS only with a Virtual Machine one can also use an ISO Image that is know good an bootable as well.

So, is the Optical Disc and or ISO Image you're using a know good bootable disc/image?

Also have you tried specifically selecting to boot from CD/DVD in the Virtual Machine's Boot Menu or the Virtual Machine's BIOS?

0 Kudos
danteafk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you all, this worked!!!

0 Kudos