VMware Communities
pgaltieri
Contributor
Contributor

can't mount external drives on WS 16.2.1

I upgraded to WS 16.2.1 this morning and I have encountered an issue.  I have a Fedora 35 VM running under WS 16.2.1.  The bottom right shows all the devices available to this VM, all are currently marked with a red x.  I try to mount one of the external disk drives, first I get the following message:

The device 'Seagate RSS Backup+ Hub BK' was unable to connect to its ideal host controller. An attempt will be made to connect this device to the best available host controller. This might result in undefined behavior for this device.

when I click OK I get the following message:

The specified device is claimed by another driver (uas) on the host operating system. The device might be in use. To continue, the device will first be disconnected from its current driver.

when I click OK the red x goes away and it shows that the disk is connected, however no icon shows up on the desktop for that drive as it did under 16.1.2.  Running fdisk -l does not show the drive either, so how do I access it?  I have tried the same thing on a Fedora 33 and a Fedora 34 VM with the same result.

Paolo

0 Kudos
0 Replies