VMware Communities
InCadJoe
Contributor
Contributor

'c' gets stuck on all Window's 8 & 10 VMs...

Each time I create a VM (using  Workstation 11.1.0 build-2496824), I regularly get a stuck key while typing. It is always the 'c' key.

This never happens on my base OS, which is Windows 8, but only on the VMs that I create in Workstation.

Any ideas as to what causes this?...or how I can get this fixed?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rachelsunsm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Maybe there are some conflict between your host and guest, can you try to turn on the Enhanced keyboard and try again?

How to turn on Enhanced keyboard:

During WS installation, you will see the checkbox  ask you to enable keyboard enhancement. please check it and after the installation restart your host.

Thanks

0 Kudos
InCadJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info!

I just upgraded my workstation 11 to the most recent version and checked the "Enhanced Keyboards" option when I did the reinstall.

I will run this for a day or two and see if the problem is corrected. I will also mark this as a correct answer if that fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
InCadJoe
Contributor
Contributor

I reinstalled VMware workstation and checked the enhanced keyboard option. I am still running into this issue of the 'c' key getting stuck. It doesn't happen constantly but after using it for a while the key will get stuck, then windows on my vm will switch focus and everything goes wonky for a bit.

This only occurs on my laptop when I used it standalone. When it is in a docking station along with a wireless usb mouse & keyboard I never see this happen.

Any ideas as to why this happens only when using the laptop keyboard and never the wireless keyboard?

0 Kudos
InCadJoe
Contributor
Contributor

I still have this issue. Is there any other advice you could offer to correct this?

Basically this issue makes VMware workstation unusable and I will have to switch to using Hyper-V in Windows.

0 Kudos