VMware Communities
aviramof
Contributor
Contributor

Your Latest Version of vmware workstaion version 11.1.0-2496824 is completly broken

Even after deleting the services from the previous thread and after uninstalling the previous version version 11.0.0-2305329 I get error that I can't fix.

The error is that Vmwareworkstation.msi has failed.

I attached a new picture and now I am going to try to reinstall the previous version till you fix this one.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Did you verify the md5 checksum of the file you downloaded?

0 Kudos
aviramof
Contributor
Contributor

The file is fine I downloaded it twice. I also tried to install the previous version and got the same error. eventually I deleted all of VMware folders and also

deleted it from registry with regedit then I cleaned the computer and registry with windows 8 manager and defragged thed registry and then

I deleted Ubuntu virtual machine that I had and only then I finally managed to install version 11.10.0 with no errors.

0 Kudos
rit001
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the exact same problem, on a WIN7 system that was built 2 months ago that only every had 11.0.0 installed before.

rit001
Contributor
Contributor

OK after a few hours of debugging and some swearing at the writers of install scripts, this has at least fixed my issues.

VMware KB: Installing vSphere Client 5.0 fails with the error: Failed to create service for hcmon dr...

It seems that the install process installs a system driver hcmon, which often does not correctly uninstalled due to the way that it is locked by the OS. If you then try to upgrade or reinstall the process fails as it can not replace this file.