VMware Communities
prem09
Contributor
Contributor

Wsx is not working please help me

hi,

I install vmware workstation 9.0 in that worksatation i install a guest os windows server and  ubuntu 12.04

and i install wsx for 9.0 and  i am unable to get this guest os in my browser....

and i added a server like localhost:8888 but i am unable to get my guest os

can any body help me

Thanksand Regards

Prem

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BilBens
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

• Are you on the same network as your host to access you virtual machines?
  • Are you using a modern browser that supports HTML5 with WebSockets?

------------

Bil Bens

Please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points to those Answers you found useful or correct.
0 Kudos
prem09
Contributor
Contributor

Hi bil,

Thanks for your reply, I am using higher version of chrome and firefox but it is not working

can you give any suggestion to work out this problem

actually in my pc i  install vmware workstation 9.0

in that i install two virtual machines one is windowserver 2012 and another is Ubuntu 12.04

After that i install vmware wsx while installing i given the port number 8888

when i enter the address in the browser like http://localhost:8888

Wsx is coming with add a server i click on it and and a server like localhost:8888

then i share virtual machines to shared vm's folder locate in Documents(In windows)

i open my virtual  machine and select the particulare virtual machine right click on it and i share it

but the shared vm's  is not displaying in wsx

please help me what is the problem.......

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware Go Pro to VMware Workstation

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

post a screenshot of the Library of Workstation - so that we can see the shared VMs
post another screenshot of the WSX display

you must login to WSX twice - first time to get into WSX - then a second time to login to the Workstation host

0 Kudos