VMware Communities
jwulff
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wrong Activation Code

I have purchased VMWare Workstation for Linux, but somewhere along the line, the database at VMWare shows that I purchased Windows. I have downloaded and installed the Linux version, but maybe I checked the wrong radio button when ordering. I have been asking for 2 days to get another activation code, because the one generated does not work on my Linux VM. I can't create any Virtual Machines without the code. Since it's only 9:30 EDT here and the folks in India are closed, I can't get anyone to help and there is very little interaction, since I'm asleep when they are open. For a terrific product, the customer and technical support sucks. I have never seen a company with such a bad workflow and lack of response to paying customers. Anyone have a stateside phone number that works? I can't speak to a live body whenever I call Palo Alto. Thanks for any insight.

'

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please see private message.

Regards,

EvilOne

VMware vExpert 2009

5441_5441.jpg

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please see private message.

Regards,

EvilOne

VMware vExpert 2009

5441_5441.jpg

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you do not need a license to create VMs - create them with the Workstation GUI and run the m in VMplayer which is part of the setup.

This way you can kill the time until your issue is solved

VMX-parameters- VMware-liveCD - VM-Sickbay

jwulff
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip, but I had to purchase a second license, forward the order to desktop support and then they will credit the original purchase.

0 Kudos