VMware Communities
C1B3RLestat
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation problem: how set language

Hello i have any problems with this question.

Could you help me?

Question: if you create a new VM and setup using iso, the vmworkstation detect a special issue, using "Easy Install"... this features could be useful for me, you can set a default user, pass, etc. but no the language for the SO installing into your new vm.

The problem: The time you save on unattended installation. You lose it after setting the newly installed operating system on the newly created VM to the language of your preference. I see that this option makes use of autoinst, could I customize and set the language (to spanish for example) in some way? using Easy Install (autoinst)

------

other question: how change the language for UI vmware workstation?
The VM Workstation UI, by default is in English. Could the language be changed? I can't find the option. And the regional language of my OS is in another language but still the language of vmware ui does not change.
the UI vmware workstation by default for me is english, but i'll like set the language to spanish (for example)

----

Host: SO windows 10 pro 64 bits
Host Language: Spanish
VMWare Workstation Pro 16
VM: ubuntu20.04.iso (for example)
VMWare Workstation Pro language UI default: English
VMWare Wo´kstation Pro language UI: when create a new VM, how set a language using Easy Install (autoinst)??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

The auto install is done via a floppy disk that is attached to the VM during install time.

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\Resources

and look for all the files named "unattend..."

That's the place to start for customizing the auto install.

Of course beware that an upgrade to vmware workstation will overwrite any changes.

As for the UI of VMware Workstation itself.
From what I can see it is available in English, Japanese and Chinese.
It doesn't look like that Spanish is an option.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos