VMware Communities
pshearduk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Workstation licence

Hi all,

I have recently recieved my complimentary licence key for Workstation as I passed my VCP. I'd like to have Workstation running on my home laptop and my desktop, is this possible? or would I need to purchase the 2nd licence?

thanks in advance

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
birdie
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

According to VMWare EULA p 9.1 b

VMware grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable license, without rights to sublicense, to :smileyinfo: make a number of copies of the Software less than or equal to the Number of Licensed Users for the purpose of installing a single copy of the Software on an equivalent number of personal computers, each of which is running a validly licensed copy of the operating system for which the Software is designed; and (ii) have up to the Number of Licensed Users use the Software solely for your own internal information processing services and computing needs.. You may not share or use concurrently the Software except as expressly permitted in this EULA. If you are an entity, each copy of the Software may be used by one designated individual user only, unless permitted otherwise by your payment of applicable license fees under a VMware approved licensing model. The total number of designated users may not exceed the Number of Licensed Users.

IANAL, but it seems like you have to obtain an extra license (read buy another version of) for VMWare in order to run it on two computers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
birdie
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

According to VMWare EULA p 9.1 b

VMware grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable license, without rights to sublicense, to :smileyinfo: make a number of copies of the Software less than or equal to the Number of Licensed Users for the purpose of installing a single copy of the Software on an equivalent number of personal computers, each of which is running a validly licensed copy of the operating system for which the Software is designed; and (ii) have up to the Number of Licensed Users use the Software solely for your own internal information processing services and computing needs.. You may not share or use concurrently the Software except as expressly permitted in this EULA. If you are an entity, each copy of the Software may be used by one designated individual user only, unless permitted otherwise by your payment of applicable license fees under a VMware approved licensing model. The total number of designated users may not exceed the Number of Licensed Users.

IANAL, but it seems like you have to obtain an extra license (read buy another version of) for VMWare in order to run it on two computers.

0 Kudos
pshearduk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sounds logical and as I suspected, Thanks Birdie!! Smiley Happy

regards

Paul

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Consider running VMplayer on one of the boxes. You can easily create VMs in WS on one box and run them in VMplayer on the other ...

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos